Recommended reading on decision making, project management and mind mapping
Decision making and decision analysis
- Resnik Michael D., Choices: An Introduction to Decision Theory, University of Minnesota Press, 1987.
- Stahl M. J., Strategic Executive Decisions: An Analysis of the Difference Between Theory and Practice, New York: Quorum Books, 1989.
- Nikolaev A., MindDecider - helping you make decisions that really matter, 2012 (article in html)
- Keeney R. L., Value-Focused Thinking: A Path to Creative Decision making, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1992.
- Plous S., The Psychology of Judgement and Decision Making New York: McGraw-Hill, 1993.
- Clemen R. T., Making Hard Decisions: An Introduction to Decision Analysis, Second Edition, Duxbury Press, Belmont, California, 1996.
- Kirkwood C. W., Strategic Decision Making: Multiobjective Decision Analysis with Spreadsheets, Duxbury Press, Belmont, CA, 1997.
- Schick Fr., Making Choices: A Recasting of Decision Theory, Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- Levin Mark Sh., Composite Systems Decisions, New York: Springer, 2006.
- Ullman D. G., Making Robust Decisions, Trafford Publishing, 2006.
- Facione P. and Facione, N., Thinking and Reasoning in Human Decision Making, The California Academic Press / Insight Assessment, 2007.
- Intelligent Support of Decision Making: supplement to the International Journal “INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES & KNOWLEDGE”, Volume 3/2009 (pdf, 3Mb).
- Norman W. Edmund, Condensed Guide and Worksheet for Applying the Complete Method of Creative Decision Making (pdf, 1.3Mb).
- Garvin D. A., Roberto M. A., What You Don't Know About Making Decisions, Harvard Business School, 2001 (article in html).
- Robust Decisions: decision making articles and resources.
- Frame J.D., Managing Projects in Organizations: How to Make the Best Use of Time, Techniques, and People, Jossey-Bass, 1995.
- Lewis J. P., Fundamentals of Project Management (Worksmart Series), AMACOM, 1995.
- Lientz B., Rea K., Rea K.P., Breakthrough Technology Project Management, Academic Pr, 1998.
- Boulmetis J., Dutwin P., The ABCs of Evaluation: Timeless Techniques for Program and Project Managers, Jossey-Bass, 1999.
- Kerzner H., Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling, Project Management Institute, 7th edition, 2000.
- Levine, H. A., Project Portfolio Management: A Practical Guide to Selecting Projects, Managing Portfolios and Maximizing Benefits, Jossey-Bass, 2005.
- Cleland D. I., Gareis R., Global project management handbook, McGraw-Hill Professional, 2006.
- Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners, Office of Government Commerce, 2007.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 4th edition, Project Management Institute, 2008.
- Risk Management Fundamentals in Software Development by George Holt (article in pdf).
- Too Many Projects? Prioritize Them! by Michael Greer (article in html).
- Estimating the effects of project risks in software development projects by K. Jantzen, G. Adens, R. Armstrong (pdf, 262 kb).
- The Needle in the Haystack: Tips for Choosing the Right Project Management Tool (article in html).
- Project Management Articles: Strategies, Ideas, Solutions & Tips.
- Project Smart: project management templates, articles and events.
- Method123: free project management books, articles, tools and templates.
- Wycoff J., Mindmapping: Your Personal Guide to Exploring Creativity and Problem-Solving, Berkley Trade, 1991.
- Buzan T., Buzan B., The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain's Untapped Potential, Plume, 1996.
- Smith J., Morris S., Mind Maps in a Week (2nd edition), Hodder & Stoughton, 2002.
- Frey Ch., Power Tips & Strategies for Mind Mapping Software, 2nd edition (order e-book).
- Mind mapping article by Vic Gee (article in html).
- What Does Mind Mapping Software Do: Help to Create And Arrange Ideas, Solve Problems And Make Decisions by Dawn Brewer, 2009 (article in html).
- Business uses of mind maps (wikIT article)
- Mind Mapping to Solve Problems (article in html)
- Using Mind Maps for Creativity, Note-Taking and Productivity (article in html).
- How to use mind mapping software for project management By Chuck Frey (article in html).
- International Journal of Project Management (read annotation).
The International Journal of Project Management offers wide ranging and comprehensive coverage of all facets of project management. Published eight times per year, it provides a focus for worldwide expertise in the required techniques, practices and areas of research; presents a forum for its readers to share common experiences across the full range of industries and technologies in which project management is used; covers all areas of project management from systems to human aspects; links theory with practice by publishing case studies and covering the latest important issues.
Application areas include: information systems, strategic planning, research and development, system design and implementation, engineering and construction projects, finance, leisure projects, communications, defence, agricultural projects, major re-structuring and new product development. Papers originate from all over the world and are fully peer-reviewed, on the "double-blind" system. In addition, the journal carries conference reports, and book reviews.
- International Journal of Information Technology, IJITDM (read annotation).
International Journal of Information Technology and Decision Making (IJITDM) provides a global forum for exchanging research findings and case studies which bridge the latest information technology and various decision-making techniques. It promotes how information technology improves decision techniques as well as how the development of decision-making tools affects the information technology era. The journal is peer-reviewed and publishes both high-quality academic (theoretical or empirical) and practical papers in the broad ranges of information technology related topics including, but not limited to the following:
- Artificial Intelligence and Decision Making
- Bio-informatics and Medical Decision Making
- Cluster Computing and Performance
- Data Mining and Web Mining
- Data Warehouse and Applications
- Database Performance Evaluation
- Decision Making and Distributed Systems
- Decision Making and Electronic Transaction and Payment
- Decision Making of Internet Companies
- Decision Making on Information Security
- Decision Models for Electronic Commerce
- Decision Models for Internet Based on Companies
- Decision Support Systems
- Decision Technologies in Information System Design
- Digital Library Designs
- Economic Decisions and Information Systems
- Enterprise Computing and Evaluation
- Fuzzy Logic and Internet
- Group Decision Making and Software
- Habitual Domain and Information Technology
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Ethics and Legal Evaluations
- Information Overload
- Information Policy Making
- Information Retrieval Systems
- Information Technology and Organizational Behavior
- Intelligent Agents Technologies
- Intelligent and Fuzzy Information Processing
- Internet Service and Training
- Knowledge Representation Models
- Making Decision through Internet
- Multimedia and Decision Making
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making in Information Technology
- Network and Decision Making
- Neural Networks and Performance
- Online Business and Decision Making
- Optimization and Information Technology
- Organizational Information Systems
- Pattern Recognition Models
- Performance of Parallel Computing
- Reasoning under Uncertainty
- Social Decisions on Internet
- Software Performance and Evaluation
- Telecommunication Systems and Evaluation
- Visualization and Decision Making
- Web based Language Development
- Web Search and Decision Making
- Website Design and Development
- Wireless Technology and Performance
- Information Technologies and Knowledge (read annotation).
The International Journal “Information Technologies and Knowledge" (IJ ITK) has been established in 2007 as independent scientific printed and electronic media. Only for two years, IJ ITK became as well-known international journal. Till now, including this volume, more than 150 papers have been published. IJ ITK authors are widespread in 20 countries all over the world: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Romania, Russia, Spain, Ukraine, and USA.
The main scope of the IJ ITK covers but is not limited to the theoretical research, applications and education in the area of the Information Technologies for:
- Knowledge Collecting and Accumulation,
- Knowledge Discovery and Acquisition,
- Knowledge Level Modeling,
- Knowledge Management - Transfer and Distributing,
- Knowledge Market,
- Knowledge Representation and Processing,
- Knowledge Utilization,
- Knowledge-based Society,
- Knowledge-based Systems.
Many scientific and practical areas are connected to the topics of interest of IJ ITK:
- Business Informatics: e-Management, e-Finance, e-Commerce, e-Banking,
- Business Intelligence: Methodology, Tools and Technologies, Analytics and Statistics,
- Cognitive Science,
- Competitive Intelligence,
- Data Mining,
- Decision Making,
- e-Management in Governmental and Municipal Structures: Models, Systems, e-Government, etc.,
- Information Technologies in Biomedicine,
- Intelligent Communication Technologies and Mobile Systems,
- Intelligent Robots,
- Intelligent Systems,
- Intelligent Technologies in Control and Design,
- Modern (e-) Learning Information Technologies,
- Multimedia Semantic Systems,
- P2P e-Learning Applications,
- Planning and Scheduling,
- Socio-cognitive Engineering,
- Technology and Human Resource Issues,
- Technology-based Blended, Distance and Open Learning,
- Web-based Technologies and Systems, AI/Semantic Web, etc.
- Journal of Management Studies (read annotation).
Consistently highly ranked in the Management section ISI Journal Citation Reports, the Journal of Management Studies (JMS) is a globally respected journal with a long established history of innovation and excellence in management research. International in scope and readership, the JMS is a multidisciplinary journal, publishing articles on organization theory and behaviour, strategic and human resource management - from empirical studies and theoretical developments to practical applications.
In recent years, Journal of Management Studies has enhanced its reputation as a vibrant, cutting-edge, high quality international journal. JMS has an inclusive ethos seeking innovative and novel papers and is open to a wide range of methodological approaches and philosophical underpinnings.
The journal provides: in-depth coverage of organizational problems and organization theory; reports on the latest developments in strategic management and planning; cross-cultural comparisons of organizational effectiveness; and concise reviews of the latest publications in management studies as well as lively debate in topical and important issues on management.
- The Journal of the Operational Research Society (read annotation).
The Journal of the Operational Research Society is published 12 times a year by Palgrave Macmillan on behalf of the Operational Research Society (ORS). It is the aim of the Journal to present papers which are relevant to practitioners, researchers, teachers, students and consumers of operational research, and which cover the theory, practice, history or methodology of OR.
Aims and scope of journal:
- Real applications of OR - forecasting, inventory, investment, location, logistics, maintenance, marketing, packing, purchasing, production, project management, reliability and scheduling;
- A wide variety of environments - community OR, education, energy, finance, government, health services, manufacturing industries, mining, sports, and transportation;
- Technical approaches - decision support systems, expert systems, heuristics, networks, mathematical programming, multicriteria decision methods, problems structuring methods, queues, and simulation.
- Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (read annotation).
The Journal of Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis provides an international forum for the presentation and discussion of all aspects of research, application and evaluation of multi-criteria decision analysis. The Journal publishes material from a variety of disciplines and all schools of thought. Papers addressing mathematical, theoretical, and behavioural aspects are welcome, as are case studies, applications and evaluation of techniques and methodologies. In addition to full-length papers, the Journal offers fast publication for short letters raising points for discussion. It also publishes book and software reviews.