Decision making process and decision analysis
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS): the largest professional society in the world for professionals in the field of operations research.
- Decision Analysis Society: subdivision of INFORMS promoting the development and use of logical methods for the improvement of decision-making in public and private enterprise.
- The Decision Sciences Institute: professional organization of academicians and practitioners interested in the application of quantitative and behavioral methods to the problems of society.
- The Society for Judgment and Decision Making: interdisciplinary academic organization dedicated to the study of normative, descriptive, and prescriptive theories of decision. Its members include psychologists, economists, organizational researchers, decision analysts, and other decision researchers.
- Decision Research: non-profit research organization investigating human judgment, decision-making and risk in a variety of areas including aging, aviation, environmental risk, finance, health policy, medicine, and law.
- Systems Analysis Laboratory (Helsinki University of Technology): research laboratory investigating systems science from mathematical theories and algorithms of optimization, control and decision making to the practical interactive computer modeling and decision support systems.
- The European Association for Decision Making (EADM): interdisciplinary organisation dedicated to the study of normative, descriptive and prescriptive theories of decision making.
- Decision making skills and techniques: practical guide covering basic principles of problem solving and decision making using non-technical language.
Recommended reading on decision making process
- Resnik Michael D., Choices: An Introduction to Decision Theory, University of Minnesota Press, 1987.
- Stahl M. J., Strategic Executive Decisions: An Analysis of the Difference Between Theory and Practice, New York: Quorum Books, 1989.
- Nikolaev A., MindDecider - helping you make decisions that really matter, 2012 (article in html)
- Keeney R. L., Value-Focused Thinking: A Path to Creative Decision making, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1992.
- Plous S., The Psychology of Judgement and Decision Making New York: McGraw-Hill, 1993.
- Clemen R. T., Making Hard Decisions: An Introduction to Decision Analysis, Second Edition, Duxbury Press, Belmont, California, 1996.
- Kirkwood C. W., Strategic Decision Making: Multiobjective Decision Analysis with Spreadsheets, Duxbury Press, Belmont, CA, 1997.
- Schick Fr., Making Choices: A Recasting of Decision Theory, Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- Levin Mark Sh., Composite Systems Decisions, New York: Springer, 2006.
- Ullman D. G., Making Robust Decisions, Trafford Publishing, 2006.
- Facione P. and Facione, N., Thinking and Reasoning in Human Decision Making, The California Academic Press / Insight Assessment, 2007.
- Intelligent Support of Decision Making: supplement to the International Journal “INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES & KNOWLEDGE”, Volume 3/2009 (pdf, 3Mb).
- Norman W. Edmund, Condensed Guide and Worksheet for Applying the Complete Method of Creative Decision Making (pdf, 1.3Mb).
- Garvin D. A., Roberto M. A., What You Don't Know About Making Decisions, Harvard Business School, 2001 (article in html).
- Robust Decisions: decision making articles and resources.